Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Week 5 of Braces

I'm sorry I haven't been better about posting my mouth updates. Today I went to the DDS to have some wires clipped that had come loose, as well as have the rubber bands in the front brackets changed for new bands that aren't curry-colored. Here is how things looked when I returned:Now, I don't know why my mouth looks enormous, and why my lips look like sausages, but I'm grateful to Jim for taking the picture all the same. I love how you can really see the difference between the coffee-and-curry-colored rubber bands on the bottom teeth and my new clear bands on the top. Of course my teeth still look crooked, but it's progress from this:Not to mention - my front teeth on top? The ones I see disappearing in photographs? Look how much of an arch they're coming into:(remember, we're looking at the top teeth, not the still-very-crooked bottom teeth). My DDS was completely enthusiastic with how fast things were moving. I wish I had a copy of his pictures; one is from inside my mouth looking up at the top front teeth - they are very, very crooked in that shot. The teeth actually angle into the mouth, instead of angling out as they are supposed to (and as they will!).
This is, I believe, the first week when I can really, definitely, see progress. Hooray!

On another note, my book club is reading Bridge of Sighs and discussing it this Friday; I'm 2/3 of the way through and wanting to skip work to stay home and read it...so it's off to bed and book for me!

3 comments:

jackpot said...

Your arch is really coming in - no joking. But is the curry color on the rubber bands from curry?

B's Knees said...

It's true, the curry color on the lower bands is indeed from curry. Typically, I don't think of myself as a regular curry eater. But the day after I got the braces on, we had curry. And I think I've eaten it twice or three times since then. The other funny part? I've been craving beets. I've also been drinking my coffee out of a straw. Ah, vanity.

jackpot said...

I made pee soop for din tonight. think you could make your rubber bands that color?