Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Quick Post

Isn't it funny how different two days can be? Yesterday I just was doowwnn in the duuummmps. Started off with coming downstairs in the morning to pee and poo on the carpet (thanks, Luna!). Then Luna decided not to obey by her typical breakfast routine (we make her wait to bum-rush her food bowl until we say OK), so I had to reprimand her again and take her food away. Came to work and there was a huge fire regarding this meeting that I'm in charge of that is next week. There are 53 attendees from across the country, and there was panic that some thought the meeting was the following week. It's all fine, but it took several phone calls and heart attacks to determine this.

I babysat my little niece yesterday afternoon, although I was so riled up from my anxious morning that I'm afraid I was to restless. She just wanted to be held, and I wanted to actually do something - read a book, play with the plastic ball, anything - but hey, she's only 4 months old, so her primary pleasures are eating, sleeping, peeing, and being held. She did all of these things. The experience did not make me want to have children (didn't turn me off, just didn't turn on the baby emotion).

Blah blah blah, enough of Monday. Jim made me a delicious dinner and gave me hugs and was very nice to me all evening, as he ususally is. I was able to wake up this morning with a more positive outlook, and feeling much more relaxed. It feels as though yesterday was much more than a day away.

So this afternoon I'm off to the "Forum on the Environment" where my company is hosting a booth. We're all dressed up in our little company vests, looking very uniform and corporate (and quite sharp, I must admit). TOnight it is a going-away party for my brother-in-law's cousin, who is moving to Sequim. Say hi to Barbara, would ya?

No comments: