Saturday, January 5, 2008

Resolutions

Here it is, 2008. Amazing. The only real New Year Resolution I made was:

Take Luna for more walks.

Aside from that, I do have goals for the new year. Things I'd like to accomplish. Tasks I'd like to check off the list. This list includes, in no particular order:

Go to the library. Both the Roommate and I have been discussing using that darned library card, and Brother turned Roommate onto graphic novels, which are apparently pricey and easily obtainable through the library.

Get rugs for the house. At a minimum, a living room rug and a back hall runner. Roommate and I just went to a local shop that claims they're closing the store and that rugs are 60 to 80 percent off; well, the 8x10 rugs were still $3600. Not in the cards, or the budget, at this point. So I imagine we'll get a Costco or Fred Meyer lovely and wait on the investment rug.

Redo the downstairs bathroom. This includes caulking around the tub, getting a real shower curtain, getting a new light, replacing the vanity/mirror/towel bar/toilet paper bar/all wood and fake brass accessories, and painting the walls. Potentially replacing the floor, but that's really the least of my concerns with the bathroom. My hope is that I could do this for less than $1,500, but I haven't really checked into it for reality.

That's it for now. Oh yeah, get braces. Do well at work. Be healthy. Exercise regularly. Cook at home more. Save money. And on and on and on and on...

1 comment:

jackpot said...

Did you make it home yet?

Is it January 9th already??