Thursday, November 15, 2007

Swimming

I'm on week one of The Fitness Routine. I figured that I could stick to a regular fitness routine for the last months of 2007 and then evaluate what is needed for the new year. So Monday and Wednesday I'm at the erg room, and Tuesday and Thursday mornings I'm at the pool. My intention is to do pilates on Tuesday and Thursday evenings as well, but with family in town that has proven too much a glitch in the evening schedule.

Swimming Tuesday morning was a huge chore. I don't think I'd been in a pool since May. I don't think there's anything quite like swimming to make one feel like a heavy barge. But today was much better; I swam a 500-yard piece without stopping. It is important for me to remember that when I first began swimming, that was fairly impossible. I remember not being able to swim 50 yards without stopping at the end of the lane. So, progress is relative.

I'm also on a bit of a buckle-down period at work (as evidenced by the fact that I am blogging at work). I've been tasked with a writing assingment for a fast-tracked EIS, and this is really my chance to respond well to the pressure. So, that said, I'm signing off.

Oh, one more thing: it's been snowing and it's absolutely beautiful outside. I will take some pictures soon, I promise.

No comments: