Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Bike rides in springtime

Spring has finally sprung here - it always feels as though it will never come, and then one day I find myself wondering when all the green leaves unfolded. I rode my bike to work this morning, saw a moose, and could smell these incredible white lilac trees that are planted along the bike trails. The kind of ride that makes me wonder why I don't do this every day - but then I think about my errands, and remember why I ride the motorcycle or even the station wagon.

The motorcycle has been good, very good. I rode Jim's 650 cc the other day, and although it runs a little rougher than my 225, the extra weight of the cycle felt much better on corners and going 45 mph. I noticed yesterday, as I was riding the 225, that I was suddenly more confident taking corners. Thanks, 650!

It's a crazy week for me, but things should calm down next week. My rowing club is having our annual fundraiser on Sunday, and I've become the committee chair. I really need to delegate more next year. The good news is that everything seems to be on track to raise $18,000. We will likely spend about $6,000 putting it on, so that's a pretty tidy net. We'll see. Things always happen at the last minute (like my sister in law pulling her participation yesterday - the race is Sunday), and there are several days of last minute left before the Big Day.

And yes, I know I've been lagging in posts - I was lecturing myself this morning as I rode through the lilac air...

No comments: