Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Rest In Peace, Bozo

My Most Expensive Fish Ever, Bozo the clown plecostomus ($11), has apparently gone to the fishtank in the sky. He was so cool! I wonder if living with all the ammonia waste-spewing goldfish finally did him in. Or maybe it was that I never did get him any Spirulina tablets. Those of you in town may remember my 6-month-long Saint Patrick's Day fishtank, the result of an incessant algae bloom that I could not get to go away. I ended up performing a complete tank change - even washed the inside of the tank with Simple Green (and then rinsed it about one hundred times). And the fish seemed to love it! They were psyched! This was maybe a month ago? Right before in-laws came to visit? So I know it can't be that to inspire Bozo to bite it. The other fish (Fishie, Nice Fishy, and Bruiser) are hanging out on the opposite side of the tank. They're not even eating him. Tells me they must have liked Bozo - they ate the Otto fish that I used to get.
This all reminds me of the first time I fish-sat for Brother and his girlfriend at the time. They had a "fancy" goldfish (=looked like a golf ball with fins) that was black. I think his name was Max. They really liked this fish. Anyhow, I had absolutely no idea how much to feed Max, so I think I covered the surface of the 10-gallon tank with flake food. Every day. Max died either right when they got home or right before. I hope Brother knew that about my fish-killing tendencies. I'd hate for this to be a nasty surprise.

2 comments:

jackpot said...

HIS NAME WAS GUS AND HE WILL LIVE FOREVER IN MY HEART YOU PET ASSASSIN!

I mean, sorry to hear about your fish.

Faith said...

me too