Thursday, October 25, 2007

Lifestyle Inversion

So we're back from the tropics (Hawaii) and into the arctic. We were delayed leaving Seattle and ended up landing in Anchorage at 3:00 am instead of midnight, and in the middle of a snowstorm. It was actually great to see snow - after 10 days of heat, the cool air felt wonderful. There's something about getting on the plane in sandals and a skirt and getting off in an environment so completely inappropriate for your clothing. It's been snowing every night since we've been back, and without snow tires on my car or even an ice scraper, it's made for interesting (and late) mornings.

I'll post some Hawaii pictures when I can; I didn't take any pictures myself so will have to borrow some from my resident photog. We did have lots of fun snorkeling and playing with the new underwater housing for the new camera - great turtles!

I read Nathaniel Philbrook's The Heart of the Sea: The Tragedy of the Whaleship Essex on the plane on the way home - fantastic. I can't believe the survivors went out to sea again! It made me want to read Moby Dick - I can't recall if I've ever read it.

The new bed is being delivered on Tuesday, the college fair is Monday and Tuesday, the Halloween party is this Saturday, and I have a hydrostatic body fat test tomorrow morning (where you are submerged in water).

But the big news is that I'm an auntie!

No comments: