Monday, November 10, 2008

Snap, Crackle, Pop

..goes the fire. Little did I know that spruce pops as it burns, and likes to freak The Loon and I out by throwing small bombs of flaming embers onto the hearth. My duty is to sit on the couch and make sure the fire doesn't set the living room on fire. Not a bad job, even if it does make me jump out of my skin every few minutes.

I was sick, sick, sick over Halloween weekend, but this past week I recovered. Amazing what a lot of sleep, vitamin C, and tea will do. Yesterday, Jim and I took the clap skates out to Potter Marsh and skated around in the cold and the wind. Very Nordic, I was laughing as I was tripping over the frozen cattails and falling on the lip of ice near a hole where someone had fallen in the weekend before.

New job..new responsibilities..not enough time in the day. I really like the new responsibility of the job, but the part I haven't gotten used to yet is how I'm not getting any billable work done. No doubt, I need to spend some after hours time on miscellania or on billable work, because the days are filled with the "urgent unimportant" interruption.

This post, if you haven't figured it out yet, is a random assimilation of topics. C'est la vie.

ERVA made me a most wonderful CD and I cannot get enough of it, especially a particular song called "coin operated boy." Very fun. I've been trying to take note of fun songs to add to a yet-to-be-made erging compilation. So far I have "toot toot beep beep" and "I need a lover who won't drive me crazy," which was pretty funny to explain to Jim why that was written on my calendar. Honestly, it's a song.

So, I promised a long list of blogging topics, didn't I? I should tackle them individually so the entire chore is not so daunting. I do love checking things off my list.

No comments: